BIO OIL REVIEW : Is it really effective?

May 08, 2019

Product: Bio Oil
Price₱ 247.50 (25ml) 

₱ 495.00 (60ml) 
₱ 795.00 (125ml) 

Availability : Watsons , Beauty Section of Department Stores and some drugstores
The ever famous Bio Oil -- ever seen their commercial or heard raves about the miracle it brought to scar ridden users? I'm bound to review this because I have stretch marks my knees and at the back as well. I believe these were from puberty which was a long time ago. The product claims are :

Bio-Oil is formulated to help improve the appearance of scars, but it can never remove them. Bio-Oil should be massaged in a circular motion into the scar, twice daily, for a minimum of 3 months. On new scars, Bio-Oil should be applied only once the wound has healed, and should not be used on broken skin. Results will vary from individual to individual.

The Bio-Oil formulation is a combination of plant extracts and vitamins suspended in an oil base. It contains the breakthrough ingredient PurCellin Oil™, which changes the formulation’s overall consistency, making it light and non-greasy, ensuring that the goodness contained in the vitamins and plant extracts is easily absorbed.




Its written in fine print that it doesn't claim to remove scars but can only improve them to some extent. I've been using it for a few months but I don't see much difference. Maybe because its not a fresh scar. But what I like about Bio Oil is that it is not greasy and smells actually great. I don't know but the blend of essential oils smells heavenly.


Pros :
  • Easily absorbs into your skin.
  • Smells great
Cons:
  • Did not work with my scars
  • Quite expensive
Do I recommend it? No, because it didn't worked for me and is actually quite expensive. But this is very subjective because my scars or stretch marks are very old (from puberty) , so those with fresh scars can still try to find out if this will be effective for them. As written in their website, they don't claim to remove scars and can only improve the appearance to a certain extent. 

Till next time,
Miss BBF
Your Budget Beauty Finder

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *