How I healed my acne with Mary Kay Botanical Effects Cleansing Gel

March 30, 2019


Product : Mary Kay Botanical Effects Cleansing Gel
Price : PHP 299
Availability : Authorized Mary Kay dealers



I suffered from mild acne since highschool and fair enough it was not that worst. It was a reminder that I’m going through puberty and I thought I survived it. During college, I only had few pimples but my skin was still oily.My pores were huge and I believed that was the main cause for my oily skin and acne. I started wearing makeup in my last year in college and that was 8 hours everyday. I didn’t suffer from bad breakouts whatsoever, despite the fact that I always try out the latest powders or foundation that are coming out in the market. Like most women, I thought acne only happens during adolescence but there was no end to it yet.
I started having breakouts from trying different facial washes, moisturizers or toners. I was experimenting at that time and boy, it was really an experiment for my face. Red pimples coming out of nowhere in cheeks suddenly appeared and I couldn’t pinpoint out the source so I decided to stick with one product. I couldn’t stop wearing makeup because it was ugly to look at in person. I piled foundation and concealer hoping to fake great skin but it only worsen the situation. But finally, I found the right product that suited my skin. I started using Mary Kay Botanical Effects Cleansing Gel last January 2019 and it was the miracle worker I have been waiting for. Although while using it, I quit using makeup and had to be barefaced to finally help cure my acne. 

The product claims (according to their website : https://www.marykay.com/en-us/products/skincare/collection/botanical-effects/botanical-effects-cleansing-gel-300519 )
  • Contains antioxidant-packed dragon fruit extract to help fight skin-damaging free radicals.
  • Also features aloe extract for an added boost of antioxidants.
  • Doesn’t strip skin or leave it feeling tight.
  • Skin feels smooth, nourished and clean.
  • Oil-free and clinically tested for skin irritancy and allergy

I admit that it was my fault why my acne started to worsen but thankfully , I found the right product. It is a gel cleanser and it is designed for deep cleansing, effective at decongesting clogged pores and removing excess oil. Although it claims to be fragrance-free , it actually smells sweet and refreshing. It lathers up well even though I only used a a pea sized amount. I believe it will last me for 3 months and for the price and quality , I highly recommend it not only because its from Mary Kay but it works as a basic facial cleanser even though for those who suffer from acne.

Pros:

  • No fuss basic cleanser
  • Cleanses and lathers well and doesn't strip skin of moisture
  • Product would last up to 3 months or more (twice a day use of pea sized amount)
  • Didn't cause any breakout
Cons:
  • Availability might be a concern ,not available in malls or grocery  (Reminder: only buy at authorized Mary Kay dealers for authentic products)
  • The clear gel consistency sometimes is tricky to work with since you can't really see it clearly when dispensing in your hand resulting to more product used.
  • For those sensitive to fragrance, it is not fragrance free as it claims to be.

Will I recommend it ? Yes , to be honest this product worked well with my skin and I have no plans to change my cleanser to prevent breaking out again.


Till next time,
Miss BBF
Your Budget Beauty Finder

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *